The Holy Hunt

THE HOLY HUNT


I’ve done my diligence about the place.

             I've snuffled like a blue-tick to find a trace

of something tangible—a print perhaps?—

             as confirmation that I haven’t lost the track. 

A hunter knows, I’ve heard, the presence of 

             his quarry, obtains a transitory tingling of

the fingertips (or is it heart) that some-

             thing’s surely close. Don’t get me wrong, 


I wouldn’t deign to call myself a 'hunter' in 

             the denotative sense, but if the sole criterion 

for such a designation is the latent presence 

             of a smoldering below the heart, perhaps I am. 

I’m close, I sense, or maybe He is close to me

             Ah, we must consider that the prey would feel

a similar enlightening, a ripple at the bottom of 

             the well. These hounds of heaven run like hell.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Line of Thinking

the road behind the hill

on finding an eviction notice