dream state

dream state

You died
we got divorced
or maybe we just had a fight
and then you asked 
if I would like to see the school and you
are still alive 
and we go skipping through 
the cobalt cold-lights halls and then I give 
you a kiss and then 
we both are on a boat 
but now you are my brother and 
you tell me that 
the way to truth is through 
the yellow door 
which makes a lot of sense and so 
I travel back to our house the one with creaky floors
in North Carolina and I find 
the yellow door inside the backyard oak 
and open it and then the ground
gives out
         and I am falling
                            falling 
                                  fal

And now, awake, 
the luke-warm shower thaws my sleep-thick mind,
and I am wondering why it all made
much more sense than consciousness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Line of Thinking

the road behind the hill

on finding an eviction notice